Friday, May 17, 2013

A peek inside my "studio"

Often, when I talk about what I've been doing, I will refer to time in my "art studio".  Many of my Facebook friends have asked me to post pictures of my art studio or commented about being jealous.  Probably because it sounds a lot more glamorous than it really is!!

My "studio" is really just a small part of our unfinished basement.  My little nook of peace and solitude.  No fancy lighting, decor or design here....I don't even have finished walls and my "rug" is a moving blanket on the floor!  But it is my little space and I enjoy being able to create here, make a mess and leave projects to work on later.

Yesterday I cleaned it up so I could get started on some new projects.  I decided to take some pictures for the curious to see.

So here it is...








Where my puppies like to lay while I create.  Occasionally, I get a friend that will sit here and visit too.


My table where I make the biggest mess.  Nothing special here, just a plastic table with paper on it.


My crazy paint, spray and ink supply!


Love picking up cool containers for my stuff like these old soda crates.


Some of my frequently used stamps.

Clean canvases, awaiting their turn.


 Canvases I have started.  They have backgrounds or need finishing touches.


And my desk/table I saved from the garbage...you can see my re-do on this gem here.

One day I will have walls, paint, nicer storage and funky floors, but until then this is my little corner of paradise. Hope you enjoy this little peek of my world!

5 comments:

  1. I love your studio! It's perfect...even unfinished! How did you make your signature? Was it something custom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yes, it was done by somebody who knows computer stuff! (ie: not me!!!) :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like the PERFECT place to create!! LOVE all the natural light you have coming in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to come visit me and paint with me! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks great, Kirsten! One day I hope I'm sitting on the sofa, just hangin' with you! :)

    ReplyDelete