Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

It was a lovely Mother's Day for me. I spent the day being pampered and spoiled by my family.  My beautiful daughter made me her very own recipe of cinnamon pancakes and served it with some piping hot coffee.  My son created a treasure hunt for me to find the presents that he and Sarah so carefully selected at the store.  Plus there were art drawings and handmade cards ~ my favorites.


It is hard to believe this is my 17th Mother's Day I have been able to celebrate as a mom!  I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to call myself a mom...and to be a mom to Sarah, Haleigh  and Ben has been the hardest, yet most rewarding job in the world.


I often remember my mom saying "it goes so fast" ... (and she still says it today) but as a kid, I never felt like growing up was going fast enough.  It was all I could do not to count days between birthdays!  And she is right, it does go by too fast.  So fast that I would just like to punch time in the face!  Time is my worst enemy.


Thank you too to my mom who worked hard to raise me and teach me values.  She was very protective (probably a little more than I liked) but always had my back and my best interest.  I love you.

(my family ~ me, dad, mom, and my brother James)

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment