Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's a ....barn.


A unusual departure from my normal array of colors and subject matter...it's a barn.  So many people in Tennessee want paintings of barns.  They say "Tennessee" or "country" or "heart of who we are".  I take photos of them all the time. I love barns, especially the old ones nestled into the landscape.  So I don't know why I have never thought to paint them.

I was approached by a gallery owner in Nashville who does amazing work in reclaimed barn wood to paint a barn that would complement his gallery pieces.  (See their website here.)  I must say, I was unsure whether I should or could paint a barn.  I put aside fears and doubts and this is what I painted. An abstract, palette knife & brush, barn.

What do you think?  I think I might paint a few more barns.

I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment