Saturday, July 20, 2013

Soak It In

It's been a busy couple weeks with two sets of company visiting, a soccer tournament for two weeks and a show! I am playing catch up but seriously thinking that might never happen.

Sigh.

Then I reflect on the things that really matter. Friends, family and time we have with them.

Although our lives have been moving a mock speed this summer, the past two weeks we have had the pleasure of spending time with family we don't often get to see. And it was good just to slow down a bit and soak it in.

First, my cousin and my uncle came up for a quick visit.  My uncle will be 83 next month. He is strong, kind and loving uncle. I enjoyed just sitting with them and soaking them in.  Talking, drinking coffee and cooking.  It was great.


Then my father-in-law came to visit.  What a blessing his visit was. As many of you know he was knocking on death's door last fall in the hospital and his only hope was a new heart.  He received a transplant the day after Thanksgiving and has been recovering since.  This was the first time we got to see him, love on him and spend time with him. It truly is a miracle that he is alive.  He celebrated his 73rd birthday with us and got very emotional realizing how very close he was to not making it to this birthday.








So even though, I have huge piles of laundry, a dirty house, weeds in my garden and a things to do list a mile and a half long, I am thankful for this precious gift of time with family.

Go soak in your day!


1 comment:

  1. i a so happy u took time to just be, we just don't do that anymore and i can't tell u enough how we need that to warm our hearts, i have been a hospice RN for 30+ yrs and that is what i was told over and over,"it goes so fast, take time to enjoy". and now u just reminded me to do just that, we are so lucky to have our families! hugs to all of them! aloha, angi in hana

    ReplyDelete