Thursday, February 27, 2014

She's Crafty

Yep. She sure is!

I have been following Laura Kelley's blog PitterPatterArt for awhile and just love her sweet spirit, sense of humor and all her poignant honest stories about motherhood and life.

So when she decided to host her FIRST EVER craft night ~ I was in!  I didn't even mind the hour long drive because I really did want to meet her and hug her sweet neck.  I mean, she is seriously that AHHH-mazing! Like Martha Stewart has nothing, I mean nothing on her because this girl is the real deal.  Big heart.

I arrived at her house and kind of knew I was going to fall in love with it because it is just so full of love and life.  Pictures of her family like everywhere.  I feel kind of lame coming home to my house ~ good thing my family doesn't know what they are missing! :)  Just quaint, colorful and real, like her.

She had amazing crafts planned for us in addition, some fabulous giveaways from very generous folks who sponsored her craft night! Cool, eh?

Look at all this crafting yumminess waiting for us!



And all the ladies were so nice, so sweet and so darn creative! I wish I had taken more photos because I just meant to, but got really busy crafting and talking!

Here was one of my table mates, Lori, working on her wreath which turned out super fab.  Wish I had thought to take more photos!


To see her post on the night click here.

We made a 12x12 canvas and a wreath. Here are Laura's canvases:



Laura's wreath:



Here is my canvas which will hang in my "new" studio once I have walls to hang it on and not just insulation! lol!


Here are me and Laura and my wreath.




I just want to say thank you again Laura!  You and Susan (aka: Mrs. Flowers) are fabulous!
bless you both!


4 comments:

  1. So cool Kirsten! I hope to make friends in my new hood soon and maybe or attend such a fun event- or maybe even host one!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it really was fun ~ and fun being around other crafty peeps!

      Delete
  2. Oh, fun! What a neat thing for sweet ladies to do together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete