Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Owl Together

Been having so many owls pop up into my paintings lately...and I have just loved painting them.  I began to wonder why I am drawn to them.

I did a little research to see what meaning I could glean from their constant presence.  Owls were considered a symbol of status, wealth and intelligence in Greco-Roman culture.  They are nocturnal creatures and are thought to symbolize dreams, secret knowledge and foresight.  Because they are night animals they are thought to symbolize the ability to see through deceit and illusion.  The owl is also believed to be a guide to uncover your hidden potential and abilities.

Interesting little tidbits for my winged creatures!

I notice I like my owls a little plump and I try to paint their personalities in their eyes. Here are a few recent ones I have painted over the past few months:


Owl Together 30"x40" Acrylic on Canvas



Sweet Wisdom 10"x14" Acrylic on Wood

You are My Moon 16"x20"  Acrylic on Wood

Learn 6"x6" Acrylic on Canvas

Owl 18"x24" Acrylic on Wood


And these little 6"x6" guys who will be at my show this weekend!

Let's "owl" have a great week!




4 comments: